Kind en Gezin, ready for the future
Kind en Gezin (Child and Family) is an agency that works actively in 'Public Health, Welfare and Family’ policy area. This Flemish agency focuses on preventive treatment and guidance of young children geared to good outcomes in the future. We work hard to enable children to achieve their full developmental potential, physically, mentally, emotionally and socially, with respect for diversity and children’s rights. This principle holds good for all the different areas that we work in.
Kind en Gezin is responsible for:
- registration of high quality child care;
- optimal support for parents-to-be and parents with young children;
- the criteria that adoption agencies have to meet.
We closely monitor all changes in society as a matter of course. Day in day out we come into contact with thousands of families and work with partners and other actors in the field. This gives us a wealth of information, allowing us to respond proactively and at the most appropriate time. We develop scientific methods, in both educational and medical fields, to assist us in our work. We constantly adapt our services, so that we can offer every parent and every child the best help possible. We also participate in national and international campaigns and projects: with boundless respect for every child and for the rights of the child.
Read more: We care about young children
Child in Flanders
- Child in Flanders 2011 (1MB)
- Child in Flanders 2010 (2MB)
- Child in Flanders 2009 (1MB)
- Child in Flanders 2008 (1MB)
- Child in Flanders 2007 (1MB)
- Child in Flanders 2006
- Child in Flanders 2005 (2MB)
- Child in Flanders 2004
- Child in Flanders 2003
- Child in Flanders 2002 (1MB)
- Child in Flanders 2001
- Child in Flanders 2000
- Child in Flanders 1999 (1MB)
- Child in Flanders 1998 (1MB)
Hearing screening reports
- A pedagogical framework for childcare for babies and toddlers (2MB)
- Vision statement - Language stimulation and multilingualism
- Child care in Flanders (1MB)
- Survey concerning the use of child care for children aged below 3 years - autumn 2002 (1MB)
- Survey concerning the use of out-of-school care for children aged between 3 and 12 years - autumn 2002
- Reorganisation of child care in Flanders
- Report of the Future Group on child care
Child care decree
- Conceptual paper for child care decree - 23 juli 2010
This conceptual policy paper describes the essential orientation and choices of the Flemish Government for, and components of, an upcoming decree on Child Care in the Flemisch Community. Based on this concept, a disgn of decree will be developed in the autumn of 2010. Discussion and voting on this design decree will take place in the Flemish parliament during 2011 (1MB).
Brussels Childbirth Trust (BCT)
Brussels Childbirth Trust is a non-profit-making volunteer organisation, providing help and support to families and expectant parents in Belgium. Our activities range from pre- and postnatal services and information resources to social and playgroups and a variety of family events all in English and organised by their truly international membership.